Location: Roseberg State Forest, New South Wales

Event: Yowie Sighting

Date: 2013

Time: Afternoon




I was out there with my metal detector waving it around over the dirt, and the detector made an alert so I was scratching around on the ground and I heard what sounded like a dog growling, so I looked around for a dog.


It sounded like a growl and then a grunting noise, then I knew it was no dog. It was a real guttural type of sound. About 4 or 5ft away there was a pile of rocks, so I went over there and squatted down, took my hat off and pulled my gun out, turned my metal detector off, and then sat watching. I sat there and watched and watched and watched.


All of a sudden one stepped out, another two stepped out and then another one stepped out. I was just sitting there watching and the first thing I was saw was the big grey fella step out. He was a grey/whitish colour, he was huge, he was grey and white. He was like a gorilla and covered in hair. He had a massive big head on him with a sloping forehead and big massive eye brow ridges. He only had partial hair on the face. Half his face was showing and the other half was a beard.


When I first saw him, he was side on, then out stepped two little ones. I was just gobsmacked. I just said Fk me, look at this (talking to myself). Then another one stepped out that was a bit shorter than hims, and it looked like a female because she had big breasts on her. She had a reddish brown colour hair, not too long and nicely groomed. From the back her hair looked like the smaller ones, but from the front you could see the age in it.


First the big one stepped out from the bushes into a clearing and just stood there looking around, then another two stepped out in front of him and they were smaller ones, then two or 3 seconds later the big female stepped out.


Just the size of him, you could tell it was a male. He just stepped out and looked around, then two came out and stepped in front of him and they were looking my way but off to the right a bit. But he was huge, he was wide, 3ft across the shoulders, easy. He was massive. He was solid, you could actually see the shape of his body under his fur, he was huge. His arms were massive. He was standing there looking around. His knees were bent a little. His arms were dangling down to his knees. His face looked half gorilla and half human. He had sloping shoulders and didn’t have much of a neck. It was like it was just stuck on top of his shoulders. He was about 8-9ft tall. He would have been over 300kg, he was huge.


He was an older looking fella. If you put it in human years, I would put him in his mid 60’s. It looked like he would once have had brown hair, but he was now going grey and white. The big female was a brown orange colour like an orang-utan.  She looked late 30’s, early 40’s. The two smaller ones were a browny black colour and they were younger. They looked like twins. One was a female and one was a male. She had breasts, but her hair wasn’t very long. He was more solid. I could see the four of them crystal clear. If I had a camera on me, I could have taken the best photos ever.


When they stood there, their knees were bent and their arms went low down. The two little ones came out and started eating some berries off a bush, then the female came out and squatted down and started pulling from the bush, then the little ones squatted down doing the same and the big one was just walking about and looking around. He picked up a few leaves, then went over to a tree and pulled a chunk out of it and started eating something out of it. I don’t know it there was grubs in it or what. Then he threw that on the ground and started breaking a few branches and made a few grunts.


They were there for 6-10 minutes and my leg was starting to cramp up from squatting behind the rocks, so I leant on one of the rocks. Then the big one grunted and the female stood up and started looking around, then they both started sniffing the air and the two little ones stood up still eating and started looking around, then the female squatted back down and started eating again, then he did a low rumbling grunt sort of thing, then she grabbed a handful off the bush, then the little ones grabbed a handful and they all started walking away.


I went to the tree line and watched them walking through the scrub. He was at the front, the two little ones in the middle and she was behind. Her hands were touching their backs all the time. About 3 or 4 times he would stand up straight, sniff the air and look around and she would do the same as they were walking off.



CLICK HERE for full AYR Witness Interview





© Copyright AYR
Australian Yowie Research - Data Base