Location: Glenbrook, New South Wales

Event: Yowie Sighting

Date: 13th June, 2013

Time: Morning



It was a wet drizzly and foggy day. I was walking up a hiking track about 100m when I started hearing voices. They almost sounded like aboriginal voices from the right hand side. They sounded like children’s voices, perhaps 5 or 6 year olds. I couldn’t make out what they were saying. Then I heard what sounded like teenage voices, but again I couldn’t make out what they were saying, it was kind of all muffled. Then I heard adult voices from way far down the trail and I was wondering if someone was playing a joke on me.


I kept walking to about 250m in and suddenly something started coming through the bush, perhaps 5 to 6 metres to my left and going parallel to me. As I would walk and stop, it would walk and stop.


 I came to an area where the trees opened up. Before then, you couldn’t see into the bush. It was drizzling rain and I had a camcorder under a towel. I was looking into the paperbark trees and I saw what looked at first like a boulder behind the tree. Then as I’m looking at it I thought “Is that something sitting there looking at me?” It looked like a head at about 3 ½” high, no taller than that. Then after about a minute of looking at it, it moved its head and all the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Now I had a better look and its hair was dark and probably about 2” long.


It had an ape’ish type face and a blue/grey face. It had no hair on its face. The hair went around the face, over the forehead and down around its chin line. The skin on its ears was dark, but the face was a blue-grey. The eyes were black.

The distance from me to it was 6 to 7 metres maximum.



I tried to film it but it was raining really badly and foggy and I couldn’t see where it was on the camera. I kept filming above its head and then the camera packed it in and never worked since.


The fog started to clear and that’s when I saw it blink and I could really pick up the features on it. The rain came back and it disappeared. I never saw it again. I walked into the bush looking around trying to find it for about 10 to 15 minutes, but found nothing.


Its nose wasn’t like an apes nose, but a wide nose. It didn’t look like a child, more like a small fully grown one.



CLICK HERE for full AYR Witness Interview







© Copyright AYR
Australian Yowie Research - Data Base